Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mitten Rip

Taking a quick shot of this new latvian mitten just before I frog it - it's too small. I managed to delude myself all the way to this point that blocking would "make it fit"...silly girl. So it's getting ripped...



The bright side is that the reknit will be an opportunity to do a few things a little better. This time I'm going to knit the cuff without those dark blue stripes down the side. I'm going to keep them on the palm cause it just makes things neater and doesn't require frustrating figuring to make the patterns fit but the cuff pattern will fit perfectly in the new size and I think look better as a single piece. Also, my 3-color stranding was a little sloppy so this second attempt should be much neater...cross your fingers for me!

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

OOOH! Pretty!

I'm sorry you have to frog, but it's good you have all sorts of new information to make it better (I know this comfort well...).

10:37 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, but it's really cute--the next incarnation's going to be great!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color combination! Sorry to hear you have to frog, but hope you'll redo them :-) Did you mention what the pattern is?

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crying for you!! Beautiful colours though!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty, what a shame...fingers crossed for the new version!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks so pretty. Too bad its too small. I can't wait to see the re-knit one. :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

I so admire you for your positive attitude toward having to re-knit. I need to take a lesson or two from you! The mitts are going to be spectacular. Green and black? Who knew?

7:20 AM  
Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

These are amazing. Too bad you have to frog, but your positive attitude towards it will definitely result in an even more amazing pair.

5:17 PM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

J'adore!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home