Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kitten Mittens

Eunny's Anemoi mittens make me happy. I love these. They're baby alpaca so I've re-christened them the "kitten mittens" cause I seriously feel like I'm walking around with a couple of kittens keeping my fingers toasty.



These have not been blocked - they went straight from the needles to my hands so I guess they're just going to have to block with wear cause they ain't coming off.



Anyone who is thinking about making these - I say go for it! They're a great fitting pair of mittens and I really enjoyed the non-repetitive chart - wouldn't want everything I knit to be non-repetitive but it was kind of like making a puzzle or something. If you like that kind of thing (and I sure do), you'll enjoy this project.



And they were finished just in time cause someone rilly, rilly, rilly wants to go play in the snow!



Project Details:
Pattern: Eunny's Anemoi Mittens I made the size Small.
Yarn: 100% alpaca bought at Cricket Cove - 1 skein of chocolate/1 skein of cream with enough left over for a child's hat or mittens
Needles: The recommended 2mm and 2.25mm.
Comments: Absolutely love these - one of my favorite projects. Not sure how well the alpaca will hold up with a lot of wear but the warmth and softness are a huge bonus. One issue I had was that I used the recommended 2mm needles for the first cuff and found it was too tight (I can barely get it over my knuckles. On the second mitten, I used the larger needles for the cuff and it was a much better fit - this may have been due to the yarn I was working with or the tightness of my ribbing.

10 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

They're gorgeous! LMAO @ "rilly rilly rilly" wanting to play in the snow. My kids and dog are like that too. :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

That settles it. I rilly rilly rilly want to make some. I fear colorwork. Wish me steadfast resolve. :-)

8:23 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhh they look great and alpaca!! Now I know why you didn't want to take them off!
I'm interested to know how they hold up in the snow!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this is so weird. i'm knitting my own anemoi mitts and reading at the same time. when your photos loaded i was like, Did I somehow finish my mitts...? mine are the same color combos! those are gorgeous.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anemoi frenzy seems to be sweeping the nation, I will cave one of these days - so beautiful.

12:35 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

They're beautiful! Love the choc colour combo. I'm going to knit me some colourwork mittens one of these days too.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I love these! Are you going to be wearing them on Saturday? I am so envious of your terrific fairisle knitting... this is a type of fairisle right? Anyway, so envious!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Congrats on finishing them...they look amazing.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yum. I need some kitten mittens! Hope Otis had a good romp!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow those mittens look almost edible in that gorgeous alpaca yarn. well done on a great project

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home