Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Your Prize and the Final Question/Countdown...

I visited London Wul this weekend (1.5 hours away) and picked up the contest prize. It is a gorgeous hank of "Peter Rabbit" from the Fleece Artist. This yummy stuff is 250m of handdyed bliss (70% angora, 20% nylon, 10% wool) - the colors in this picture are fairly accurate too.



If you are anti-angora or don't like the colors, I can offer up some DGS sock yarn to the winner instead - it's perfect for Jaywalkers.

I was going to post some pics of the finished fronts of the DB cardi but I'm going to try to push through and finish it by the weekend so decided to wait. Instead you get the final installment and last chance at a correct guess for the Lies contest.

This week is a little different - which of these is the TRUTH!?!

While at London Wul, I got to play with and snorgle the excessively charming Finn and admire the handsome though somewhat aloof Angus. Most importantly, what did I buy?

1. I went there to get one thing and one thing only. The skein of Peter Rabbit for the contest winner.

2. I browsed for a long time and finally decided on several skeins of yarn for Xmas presents. Enough for a few pairs of socks, a couple scarves, hats and some mittens.

3. I went hog-wild people!! I bought yarn for 2 sweaters, an afghan, at least 4 shawls PLUS Xmas projects.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummm ... let me see ... I think its number 2.

Love the lushishly lovely colours!!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

I'm going with #3 - you were out of control!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

My vote is for #3 ... even if it isn't the truth, wouldn't it be so much fun to do that?!?! Yes yes it would be. So, I HOPE that is the truth because it sounds the most fun. :)

Love the yarn! :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Love love love a yarn shop dog. I think they should all have one.

I'm going with two--you generally appear far more sensible than either 1 or 3 would suggest. (Me on the other hand? 1 and 3 both entirely likely answers.)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going with #2

Adele

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I WANT to say #3 (because that would be more fun).

My answer is #2.

Angus and Finn are sweeties. I haven't seen Peter Rabbit yarn around here yet, it looks fab. I'll have to check it out when LK gets some...

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing the fact that you have Christmas knitting to do I am going to plump for no 2 :-)
The prize yarn looks really yummy, it is a new yarn to me too.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Hooney said...

I think it's #2.
But you are tempted to go #3 (who wouldn't).

5:21 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

this is difficult, but I'd go for number 2.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I'm going to guess that 2 is true. An hour and a half each way? No way can it be #1!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's number 2.

2:33 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

I'm going to say number 1 because no-one said that yet (although I really think it's number 2, and hope it's number 3!)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think it is number 3. I checked out their site - added in the 3 hours of driving - 3 would be conservative!!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

You went hog wild!
Happy bday! :-)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I think it's number 2.

That yarn is gorgeous. I got a ball of Handmaiden sea silk from a great knitting friend of mine. I love Fleece Artist!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking that you are a woman of discipline and restraint... I vote for # 1!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday cutie! Sorry I missed the party and I sure hope that it was number 3!

Karen

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home