Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Last Socks of Summer

It's that time of year... Harvest season. Time for bottling salsa and pickles. Packing up the canoe and deck furniture. The leaves are just starting to turn and the mornings are refreshingly crisp and cool.



These are my favorite socks for my favorite time of year. A cozy fitting rib not too heavy for slightly chilly mornings and evenings.



As much as I love the fall leaves, I'm hoping to get in at least a few more weeks of this...



Project Specs:
Pattern: Fine Socks by Briggs & Little
Yarn: Briggs & Little Sport 100% wool
Color: Grape
Needles: 2.75mm DPNs
Comments: I make these socks in both fine gauge and heavy over and over. They have such a comfortable ribbed fit and are perfect TV knitting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The days are drawing in here too. Hoping for a few more weekends on sitting on the beach before we have to bundle up and sit in the van. The leaves are turning though so it won't be long...

7:43 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Those socks look great and cozy (as I sit here shivering because it's a damp cold day outside and there's no way I'm turning the furnace on in September)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yum. Makes me want to go knit something sheepy!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love love love a cozy pair of ribbed socks. You just can't have too many. Happy autumn!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

You couldn't have chosen a more "fall-like" color. They make me want to put on my L.L. Bean jacket and go apple picking....if I had any apples to pick:)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

The days are drawing in here too, but this week the sky is blue and sunny and it´s really hot during the days, but early mornings its really cold.. I really like those socks. Nice colour!

11:43 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

re: Caroline's comment my LL Bean catalog came yesterday and they've got a purple fleece lined corduroy jacket that matches my socks perfectly...must resist.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks always look so cozy! I can't wait until I get my kniting projects cleaned up so that I can cast on for a pair :)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home