Friday, May 26, 2006

Cute Couple, eh?

Check out my new Jaywalkers...I love em. Very matchy-matchy, no?


I scavenged the stripe rounds to get the dark purple for the heel and the toes and I'm so glad I did...


Brad got new socks too...manly socks.


Don't they make a cute couple?


So the girls were over on the weekend for some Cosmos, snacks and knitting. I do this once a year when Brad is away on his annual golf trip. It was fun! This year I made each of the girls a little gift bag with a warshcloth (knit by me of course), some chocolate, a martini glass, some fun stir sticks and my Cosmo and Blue Lagoon "recipe". I took some pics of the warshcloths but they hadn't been blocked so this ended up being my favorite shot of them. All those bright colors mixed together makes me feel happy.


And just a few action shots of a couple of the attendees...

Michelle working away at knee socks. I think she said she was going to make knee socks with this yarn because she didn't like the colorway and wanted to get rid of it all. Strange that. But it was after a few cosmos so I may have the facts a little "off". ;-) (Check out the new posh yarn she just received - it looks so nice!)


Inica was crocheting on this particular day. She is making an angel afghan...very pretty. Look at that intense concentration...


A few of the other girls were there Pam was restarting an Hourglass sweater. She got knit up to the bust and realized it was too big so ripped the whole thing back. This is her first sweater so painful but she is a trooper. And Linda (who just taught herself to knit last week) was also over. Her first project is a baby blanket - nothing like starting big!! Go Linda! Anyhow, it was much fun - I can't wait til next year!

Project Specs:
Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Yarn: DGS Confetti Superwash in color 007.0007 or something like that - it was all 0s and 7s with at least one decimal.
Needles: The recommended 2.25mm DPNs.
Comments: I love these socks - they are a great fit and they were a fun knit. The striping really worked with the Jaywalker stitch pattern - this is probably a sock that I will knit again.

Pattern: Heavy Socks from Briggs & Little
Yarn: Briggs and Little Heritage 100% wool in dark gray
Needles: The recommended 3.25mm DPNs.
Comments: A good solid 3X1 ribbed sock pattern with lots of stretch and a deep heel. I've used this several times with good results.

11 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Great job on the socks! Both pairs look lovely.

8:27 AM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Love the His & Hers socks!

Oh, and your knitting group looks so cozy :-)

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh cute his'n'hers photo. Nice socks too :-)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Jaywalkers! But oh you tease! You left the yarn spec empty! What yarn did you use?

12:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

what a cute pair! ha ha. you did a great job getting the jawalkers to match so perfectly.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

They make an adorable couple! :) It sounds like you had a great time.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Love the jaywalkers... I have to try that pattern out. Too many socks to knit, not enough time.
I'm going to steal your idea of martinis and knitting night... My two favorite things!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the socks look so cute! and the little gift bags you made are such a great idea, looks like you guys had a lot of fun

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sock pair - handsome couple :)

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very snazzy!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet, the two socks! I'm with Lolly on the stripey goodness.

- MJ

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home