Monday, March 27, 2006

Baddest. Dog. EVER.

Take a good long look at this picture before continuing... Note how sweet and innocent Mr. Yellow Dog looks - like he would never harm a fly...he lives in peace with all creature bigs and small. Heck, he even shares his bed with a cat... This dog looks just about perfect.



Now I submit to you Baddest Dog Ever Exhibit A. Well, it's the only exhibit actually but CHECK THIS OUT!!



Can you believe this cause I can't?? For 5 years, we have lived like slobs, littering socks on the floor with nary a care and they've been left untouched. Until now...but the part that is really bothering me is why this sock? There are plenty of ordinary store bought socks laying around for the taking - why THIS sock? His only saving grace is that he didn't go through the cable. I think i can fix this - knit up a new ribbed cuff, cut off this mess and somehow kitchener it together. Please someone, tell me I can fix this...

With the loss of this sock and a toe sticking through on another pair, I cast on a new pair of plain ole boring grey ribbed ones for Brad. This is my new TV knitting...about another inch or so til I turn the heel.



And lest you think I'm completely selfless, I've got a little something completely marvelous on the needles for myself...



I saw this DGS Confetti at the yarn store on Friday and it absolutely screamed "Jaywalker!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Otis! Bad dog! Bad, bad dog! That is a high crime indeed. But he does look so innocent, with that fuzzy-wuzzy snoot and his schmooppy puppy eyes...

Ahem. I mean, BAD DOG! BAD, BAD DOG!

At least it's fixable. And the Jaywalkers look great. Love the stripes!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

He chose that sock because it's so nice and cozy. My dog ate a hole in my afghan once. Dogs are mysterious. I hope you can fix it easily.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it seems to have been some kind of worldwide pet conspiracy to see how many of them can make it onto the blogs today. every other blog (including mine) seems to have an animal related story on it :-)
Love those jaywalkers

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure you'll be able to fix the cable sock. is the picture before or after the 'incident'? cuz he looks awful sorry. your knitting looks like mine. plain grey sock for (my)m brad, fancy and pretty socks for me.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely cat-dog couple. maybe dog was just jealous of the nice sock: lot's of attention for cable knitting, none attention for poorl little dog... ;-))

4:05 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I have a naughty sock nibbler myself and I have been meticulous about keeping my hand knits away from him... so far so good. I really feel your pain though.
Are those jay walkers stripes again? I love them, but I don't know if I have the patience for the stripes.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Oops - who would have thought, looking at his innocent eyes, that he could do such a thing? He's a true sock nibbler, isn't he? But hey, you'll sure be able to fix this, I'll bet!

I love how your Jaywalkers are getting along, looking forward to seeig the pics of the finished ones!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home