Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Where Have I Been?

I've been watching Lost. We bought Season 1 last week and I cannot stay away from it. I can't stop watching because 1) I can't figure out what the heck is going to happen and 2) I have a major crush on Matthew Fox - remember him from Party of Five? He's back! On Lost! And more smokin' than ever I dare say...

Anyway, enough about my hot doctor on a deserted island fantasies... ;-) Let's get to the knitting!

I've been working on this:


Which Will become this:


Only about 5 feet to go... I had so much difficulty starting this project. It is 250 stitches wide and I could not for the life of me get the first 2 rows of pattern to work out - my count was off everytime. Then I finally got through them and suddenly everything was obvious. Once those foundation rows are down, it's smooth sailing from there. Still though, I'm going to be casting on a TV watching project tonight. I can't work on this with Matthew Fox wandering the beach...or the jungle.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket is coming along nicely :) I love the color and pattern of it. For me to do that I think it would drive me insane! I am not sure I would have the stamina to do that ... but then again I am doing lace shawls soon so maybe I do ... of course they will probaly take me a year to get them done :)

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

I'm knitting a sock right now with the exact same cable (the main one who's name I forget right now - horseshoe?). It's one of my favourites.

8:18 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

that's going to be so lovely. but "only five feet to go" sounds very intimidating to me.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I admire you for you bravery and your taste in men :o) I love Lost and watch it every week... it's on TONIGHT. I hate waiting a whole week, you did it the right way, buying the DVD.

I made an ivory cabled afghan for a friend's wedding present a couple years ago. It was a huge amount of work but was so worth it in the end. She actually cried when she opened it. Keep up the great work! And don't let a mere 5 feet intimidate you.

8:50 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

I love me some Matthew Fox!

The show only gets more insane and addicting

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! That show is so addicting. I wish they came out with the previous season on DVD before the next season started.. I've only finished season 1, too.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely! 250 st eh? and I thought I hd a challenge with 70" of 128!
Have to agree wih you about Lost - plenty of eye candy :-) You better cast on a nice plain sock

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a lovely blanket! what does it come out to be sizewise?

lost is the one show that i gave up knitting during - i need all my attention on the tv when it's on because there's always SOMETHING happening, half the time in the background, barely noticeable.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

That blanket is very pretty! 250 stitches sounds like a lot of stitches and a lot of lace and yarnovers. A pattern like that would make me run away ... far far away! *lol* I can't wait to see it as you progress. :)

Happy Knitting!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki, long time no see. I just got on to see if you have done anything new recently. And I saw you talking about "Jack", lol... I like him in that show, too. But you should really hurry up and watch season 2. OMG, the last episode was increditably awesome. It tells you soooo much information. I can't wait to see what happens next.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The recipient of that blanket is very lucky, indeed!

3:36 AM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

That's incredible! I can't believe how much patience you have.

4:47 PM  
Blogger emy said...

I admire your patience. Everytime I try to attempt to knit something without shaping for more than 10 inches, I start to cringe :P

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home