Monday, November 28, 2005

Little Ponies and Big Kitties...

Well, the Pony Blankie was a smashing success...thank goodness cause if someone had said they didn't like it, I may have lost it completely. That border around the outside of the blankie is knit in a strip and then sewn on - it was around the halfway point of the border that I started to wonder why I ever decided to knit a baby blanket with a stupid border that needs to be stitched on. But the main blankie bit with the ponies was super easy so I'm not going to complain about it anymore. Plus it was an extremely affordable project yarn-wise. Of course if you take the time spent stitching border to blanket into account, this project is clearly priceless. ;-) Hmmm...that doesn't count as complaining, does it?





I also spent some time knitting a kitty hat for my friend Alison's birthday last week. We've decided to make last year's ski trip an annual event and she loved my kitty hat from last year so much that I decided she needed her very own for this year. Isn't she cute!?!

I call this one "Happy Kitty"...


A few more drinks at the birthday party and I ran into "Angry Kitty"...note the laid back ears. That is a sure sign of an angry kitty.


heh heh...

Oh - and one more thing - have you all seen Janine's latest pattern?? It is called Candlelight and is perfect for those of you who, like myself, want to try a lace kidsilk haze project but look like a dork in a shawl. I've already ordered my copy and am thinking of a black one for the holidays...check it out!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so kind of you to mention my pattern My bag pattern is due to be in this months Magknits as well!
The Blankie is adorable :-)

2:53 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

The pony blanket came out beautifully! I'm glad it was a smashing success. You were right, I couldn't find that pattern book anywhere ... and I looked and looked on the weekend. Ugh. Such is life and knitting, eh? The kitty hat looks great too! :)

Have a good one!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow Vicki ... I love the blanket! completely beautiful! I think Happy Kitty is definately my fav ;)

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the blankie is so cute.But I know what you mean about having to sew on the edging, makes better sense if it could just be knitted on.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Love love LOVE the pony blankie! Would it be weird to make one for myself? And call them alpacas or something?

10:41 PM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

thanks for your comment on FEFI! its exciting to wear a sweater you finished all by yourself.
i love your pony blankie and the colors you chose for it!

1:29 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i'm blown away by the blanket. it's a whimsical pattern and delightful colors. who doesn't love ponies?
all your knits are great -- i just browsed your finished gallery.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god that is an ADORABLE blanket. What a great job you did!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home