Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Undecided to the End...

What have I been up to lately?? Well, a good friend of mine is having a baby shower next Sunday and I've been agonizing over what to make her. I finally decided on a baby blanket of some sort and then spent 2 or 3 days looking for a pattern that was not gender specific. Purple is her favorite color and isn't too too girly so I decided the blanket would be purple.

Right...I had a color. Now a pattern...Friday I cast on for a lacy throw type baby blanket and worked about 4000 stitches before I decided that it wasn't appropriate to swear that much while knitting a baby blanket and that the baby would be out of diapers by the time I finished the thing. So I ripped it out and cast on for this...it's called Pony Blocks...whatcha think?? There really is no turning back now even if you all hate it - only one more pony strip and the border left to knit but I like to torment myself over whether I made the right decision or not anyway.


(This is a terrible photo - I was late for work this morning so tacked it to the spare bed fairly quickly - the top of the blankie is cut off - it is 3 blocks high. Crap - I think it's dirty!! How did that happen!?)

I do think the little ponies are cute though...



I'm also knitting on a lace scarf and some log cabin socks - I'll post some pics of them another time. And Salina waits to be seamed and finished while I'm under the baby deadline. By the way, I'm planning to do a baby blanket for Brad's sister for Xmas as well. Possibly something with ducks or teddy bears on it - anyone have any good ideas??

6 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I for one am firmly in favor of the pony blankey. Yay ponies!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Netter said...

That's a very sweet blanket. I love the ponies.

6:22 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

cute pony blanket :-)

11:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love the pony's! its so cute... I think the whole thing is going to work out great!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah! my bloglines isn't picking up your posts! love the ponies.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

The pony blanket is cute! What pattern is it or is it something you made up? Either way, I'm sure she'll love it! :)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home