Wednesday, October 05, 2005

2 Cats and a Lady

Lady Salina finally has some photo-worthy progress. I don't think I picked the needles up all weekend but managed to get to the second set of bust increases last night while watching a couple of taped episodes of Prison Break.

Salina is from Rowan Vintage Knits. I'm using the recommended yarn (Felted Tweed) in Herb. Love this yarn - it makes such a nice stretchy fabric - I think it will be gorgeous to wear although possibly a little itchy. Adele was kind enough to setup a Salina-a-long so if you're interested in seeing what the other girls are up to or in knitting your very own Salina - check it out here. Herb is a very popular color so our photos all kinda look the same at the moment - haha!



And because I don't have much to blog about today, I offer cat photos and a little bit about my guys. They were doing a little window hunting this morning when I snapped these shots.

Bigsy - a shy guy, prone to self-mutilation with an amazing grasp of the English language. Loves people but is deathly afraid of strangers. Favorite hiding places are under the bed and in the basement behind the water pump. Is quite possibly the world's cuddliest cat and is in constant competition with mommy's knitting.


Niblet - a highly acrobatic, light-obsessed rascal with no grasp of the English language whatsoever. If curiousity were going to kill a cat, it would surely be Niblet. Despite, or perhaps because of his devil-may-care attitude, Niblet is a real charmer. Word to the wise, do not leave your water glass unattended in the "Niblet zone".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how we're using Herb, but it looks different in all each of our pictures!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oooh, I've been wanting to find an excuse to try Felted Tweed--I'm jealous! Niblet, by the way, is my new favorite cat name.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cats are so cute! I love that felted tweed colour, it makes me want to get some but I have more than enought in the pipeline already!
Janine

5:46 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful cats -- I'm especially impressed by the Bigsy photo, since I know it's near impossible to photograph a black cat.

(Mooky says, "Bigsy? That cat ain't big!")

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salina is looking great. I look forward to seeing this as a completed project; the color is great!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home