Tuesday, August 16, 2005

As promised...

Here are a couple of modelled pics of Peace. Sorry no head shots this morning - was still in a state of "bed head". Anyhow, as you can see, she's a wee bit on the tight side. It actually fits quite like the Rowan photo but I was going for something with slightly more ease.

Stand back folks - those buttons could pop at any moment. ;-)


It doesn't look terribly bad unbuttoned but as soon as I start moving about, the gap widens considerably. The color in this photo is the "most true" - the buttoned shot came out a bit too glaring.


Project Specs:
* Peace - Rowan, Mag. No. 25 designed by Kim Hargreaves
* I knit the second size and used approx. 7.5 skeins (115m/skein) of Rowan Cotton Glace (100% cotton) in Spice (color discontinued - I got mine from Janette's Rare Yarns on eBay)
* The stockinette on Peace was broken up by tons of shaping - I didn't particularly care for the look of the K3togtbl decrease but in the end, I no longer notice it and, quite frankly, I don't know of a subsitute that would achieve the same darted effect without changing the gauge.
* I made no modifications to the pattern - just knit it through as is.
* If I were to make this cardi again, I would plan ahead and do a 3 needle bind off or grafting on the shoulder seams - I found my shoulder seam to be a bit bulky when sewing in the set-in sleeve.

12 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Love it! That looks so beautiful on you ... I like how it fits, you have such a perfect skinny hourglass shape for that!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very pretty. I like the fit too, maybe it will stretch a bit with wearing?

I am way tempted to go over to Janette's and pick up some cotton glace for this sweater!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great. I personally think it fits just right!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great on you . I can't see the extra pounds :-)

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow - looks AMAZING on you... i think you should wear it and see how you feel cuz from here, it looks great.

4:38 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

You are hitting the spot with your little jackety/cardigan things! That looks absolutely fabulous on you! Curves in all the right spots.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it. very flattering and great color.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks fantastic, and the colour is beautiful! :)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice looking and so chic! Enjoy.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that looks fabulous on you! The color is perfect as well. Very va-va-voom!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ok Vicki... I think that you really have lost it! It fits you perfectly in that photo. You are going to have to bring it over so I can have a look at it. It could ease off a bit with wearing it. I absolutely, 100% think it is drop dead georgeous on you!!!! No doubt about it.

10:57 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

That color looks delish and I think the top is extremely cute. I wouldnt change a thing

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home