Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Quick Poll

So I get to work yesterday and there is a little present waiting for me. A gift certificate for amazon.com from the account team of a project I wasted a weekend of my life on a few weeks ago. Hey - I'm not complaining - a gift certificate is better than nothing - keep the presents coming!!

The question remains - what to do with it. I'm leaning toward a magazine subscription - which would you subscribe to? I have a feeling the one I'm leaning towards is going to be a total runaway but thought it would be interesting to see what y'all think.


Amazon Gift Certificate
Which Magazine would you subscribe to?
Interweave Knits
Vogue Knitting
Knitting Universe
Other - leave the name in the comments please!
Subscriptions are a waste of money - buy a book

6 Comments:

Anonymous anna said...

i voted for 1) but i could have voted for 4). interweave aren't all that brilliant sending mags out on time. if you decide on a book, can i recommend loop-d-loop?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I think Interweave has the best consistency--they will always have at least one thing you will like (often MANY more). Vogue is sometimes really good (like Spring 05, and really bad, like Holiday 04) It is too unpredictable. IK is the way to go--or books :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

I would say that there are more patterns out of IK that I would make than any other magazine. Given there are issues where I like nothing, but most of the time I find two or three I really want to make! Have a good one :)

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Janine said...

There seems to have been a lot of lace in recent IK's :-)I'm even considering buying some back issues, and possibly a subcription somewhere in the future.

12:31 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Id be weary of subscribing to IK. I subscribed this spring and Ive yet to receive the fall issue. I got so mad with their attitude about it that I just canceled it.

1:31 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

i love my interweave knits magazine, but, i also LOVE my rebecca magazines (german knitting publication, though translated) http://www.rebecca-online.de/cont_en/index.php . and, i also love the rowan magazines. but, i don't think you can subscribe to either via amazon. :(

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home