Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Cross-Over Cardis Require a Lot of Knitting...

It feels like I've been knitting on 'Mary' (the cross-over cardi) forever. I know it hasn't actually been that long but I feel that I should be at least starting the sleeves at this point and yet, I'm not. The back is completed and I'm about 2/3rds up the second side of the front. Apologies for the poor photo - I was rushing off to work this morning so threw the fronts on the first place they would fit. Anyhow, I was doing some figuring on the weekend whilst sulking over not having completed the front and discovered that the repeats up to where the side shaping start (just below the needle on the side in progress) require approx. 5600 stitches so armed with that knowledge and the fact that I'm constantly switching from knit to purl stitches, I've decided that I'm more than happy with my progress so far. It's not so bad. It's that darned stretchy rib that makes it looks much smaller than it is and defeats my sense of accomplishment!



Also started on what I'm calling the campfire socks last week. We tend to have a lot of backyard campfires in the summer and I needed a project that I didn't mind getting "smokey" so chose a 100% wool brown heather to work on a pair of heavy woolen socks for Brad. As you can see I made HUGE progress on our first campfire night completing a whopping 9 rows or so before Otis ran away from home and we had to send out a search party. He has NEVER done this so we were freaking out looking for him. We found him about 20 mins later "feasting" - I won't bother to say on what. Trust me, you don't want to know...suffice it to say that it was not the freshest of dinners.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Mary looks like it coming along really well ... I can't wait to see it! it is going to look amazing on you.

I definatly do NOT want to know what Otis had to eat, although it is probaly not as bad as my imagination ;)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I'm glad Otis is home safe and sound, though possible more disgusting--why are dogs so happy about eating the dead things? Gross.

The sweater is coming along so well--can't wait to see all of it!--and the socks are going to be great. Yay socks!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

I love Mary! How pretty... and that sock! Those are my colors :)

Love your blog, I am sad to have not discovered you until now... there are just so many knitters out there. You look super familiar too from your finished pictures!

12:57 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Mmmm, Dead Thing! Otis isn't a lab or a retriever, is he??? (He looks suspiciously like one) They are the biggest gutses! LOL

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home