Thursday, April 21, 2005

NBaT Is Finished and Yarn Hags Hit the Road!


nbatgood
Originally uploaded by knittenknots.

I finished seaming on NBaT last night and I LOVE it! It was a perfect fit and actually seamed up quite nicely once I stopped being a space cadet and paid more attention to the stitches that the TV. I am really happy with everything about the T except a tiny problem with the neckline - it's a bit "floopy"...came out slightly wider than I had wanted (had to pull a few rows out of the back to get the right length and that is where the extra stitches came from). It still covers my bra straps so I'm fine with it but would like to tighten it up just a bit so it doesn't gap out when I'm moving around. What would you ladies suggest? I'm thinking once this puppy gets wet, it's going to be more of a problem. Should I try running some yarn around the neck edge to tighten? Should I take apart one of the raglans and bind off the neckline with a smaller needle? I haven't weaved in any ends yet so this wouldn't be as bad as it sounds. Anyhow, I'm planning to debut NBaT at craft night next Monday if I can wait that long - it's so soft!!

This has been a very exciting week stashwise - the Yarn Hags hit the road on Tuesday afternoon for some serious stash additions. First stop:


Red went a little wild at Briggs and Little but who can resist - it's so darn affordable and smells all sheepy!!

Then it was on the road again headed toward Black's Harbour, NB where there is a great little yarn store called Cricket Cove.

I love this little store. We spent 2 hours in there just walking around looking and touching - they've got koigu, Noro, Rowan, Jo Sharp, Karabella...all sorts of Alpaca and Mohair and, yes they have Cashmere. And, yes, I bought some. Just enough for a hat or scarf of course.

So, all in all, Yarn Hags Hit the Road was a smashing success - there is too much new stash to list but you'll be seeing it in the coming weeks. I can't wait to get started on something new!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your NBaT looks wonderful and fits you well. I like how the modifications you made really made the t-shirt your own. As for tightening the neckline, sometimes a row of single crochet across the inside back neck does the trick.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The T looks fabulous on you DAHling! that neckline looks great... is it ribbed too? maybe you could try redoing the last few rows of ribbing with smaller needles, might make it a bit more elastic - or doing the knit stitches on the RS only through the back of the loop: ie RS: K1tbl, P1, to end of row, WS: P1, K1 etc

i've found this extremely effective in making ribby much less stretchy.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! Congrats!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home