Monday, March 07, 2005

I'm baaccckkkk....

Sigh...I'm back and what a WONDERFUL vacation! I wish we had another week to spend...we were at Sunday River in Maine, US and the ski conditions were fantastic. I've been looking at this picture all day to try to regain my vacation glow - coming back to work after a week off is daunting to say the least.

Just a few vacation shots before I get to the knitting part...here I am on the slopes. The day was a bit snowy so the shots are somewhat blurry.

My friend A and I standing at the top of one of the peaks. We had a blast!

I had big plans to make progress on all sorts of knitting projects with my time off (brought a HUGE bag of knitting along) but we were so busy on the trip that I just didn't have time to make much headway. However, speaking of headway, I did cast on a hat for Brad on the way down - his "devil horns" don't look all that threatening in the picture - they're a bit droopy - but that is a rather ominous looking forked tail peeking out from the jacket. Brad just doesn't pull off the "dangerous" look very well I guess. :-) It was EXTREMELY cold on this particular day so our faces were well covered as you can see.

And, lastly, here I am on the lift wearing the kitty hat although it's a bit difficult to see anything beyond the giant purple goggles! Not the most attractive pairing but we had fun so who cares, right?

I can't wait to go again next year!

Anyhow, even leaving the country, I did not score any yarn for my stash. We were stormed in for a couple of days so I didn't get to do a whole lot of exploring for a LYS but I'm going to pull together an online order from WoolNeedle Works later this week so that will lessen the disappointment.

I did do some knitting on the weekend after we got home - I finished up the back of the checkboard sweater and got the ribbing plus a few inches of pattern completed on the first sleeve. It's one of those projects that I'm just not excited about anymore though - the checkboard pattern is getting really, really tired - but I've come this far and I WILL finish it. I'll wear it walking the dog if nowhere else - haha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow... those pictures are great, i WISH i was going ski-ing. Ah, next year maybe.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home