Saturday, February 26, 2005

Red Rover, Red Rover...

Frightening angle but had to get a shot of my red roving hat in. They're quite fun as they knit up super fast. The i-cord is still a bit kinked but it will straighten out shortly. I used tassles instead of pompoms on this one since they're a bit faster to pull together. At the moment there isn't anything ridiculous or obnoxious protruding from the top of the hat and this may need to be remedied. I am undecided...



We leave on our ski trip tomorrow and in anticipation of finding a "great little yarn store" on the trip, I pulled together a list of yarns to look for - sadly, there are few options (aside from 100% wool - not that I have anything against 100% wool) in this neck of the woods so anything special must be ordered online which just isn't the same. I stopped the list when I ran out of paper - obviously, I would hardly buy all of this at once but I felt it important to have a complete list "just in case"...in case of what is unclear but I have a complete list nonetheless.

Debbie Bliss
- I have been coveting "Mary" from the Cotton Angora collection for a while now. I'll be on the lookout for the Cotton Angora book, as well as, about 13 skeins of banana.

Sock yarn
- koigu! I've heard so many great things about koigu but of course it is nowhere to be found around here. Hopefully, I can snag some out of town...I'd like to try the Crusoe socks from knitty.com.
- I'd also like to find some cool self-patterning yarns. The only thing I can get around is Kroy Socks.

The Cashmere Pullover from Weekend Knits is on my wish list. It calls for 9 skeins of Classic Elite Indulge (100% cashmere - yum!!) I'm not sure what color I would go for in this, the pattern uses a tan/gray natural looking blend but I might like something a bit darker like orange or red...although that may possible obscure the patterning contrasts. Hmmmm...

The flower washcloths from Weekend Knits are just too cute - they would make a fabulous Xmas gift wrapped up with some handmade soaps. They each require 1 skein of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille (100% cotton) to complete.

I fell in love with Peppermint Twist from Stitch N' Bitch the moment I saw it. Love the colors. It seems to be hard to find Rowan yarns anywhere in Canada (even online) so since we're heading south of the border for skiing, I'll freak out if I find Rowan Cotton Glace - the sweater requires 7 skeins bubbles #724, 2 skeins glee #799, 1 skein passion #805 and 1 skein of Phildar Sunset indien.

Also, from Stitch N' Bitch is the Pinup Queen sweater - it's a very flattering design and I would love to try it. 8 skeins of Classic Elite Lush is the yarn used in the pattern and they went for color #4407 which is a soft blue - gorgeous!

After seeing a very sharp looking completed Big Sack Sweater on another blog (Amelia Raitte: My Fashionable Life), it's been decided that I must have one. Again with the Rowan though - Rowan Homespun Chunky (7 skeins #982 Green Waters - I'd love to find some and try it although considering it's 100% wool, I can probably work out a substitute if I don't have luck.

The last item I've had my eye on in Stitch N' Bitch is the Chinese Charm bag - it's just too cute. Noro Gemstones is the yarn used and I haven't seen it ANYWHERE yet - it uses 6 skeins of #8.

And, of course, like everyone who has ever picked up knitting needles, I must have a Clapotis (see knitty.com if you've been living under a rock recently). I'm thinking some Noro silk garden would be nice for this pattern - possibly in colorway #84 or #35 or maybe even #88.

And last, but not least, I'm turning my mind to summer knits and love the Honeymoon Cami from knitty.com - it's made with GGH Mystik a cotton/viscose blend and requires 5 skeins.

Wish me LUCK!! :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat and extremely jealous that you are going skiing. We are visiting toronto next month and I know it's going to be COLD (at least compared to the UK) - I really need to make myself a hat. Have a wonderful trip and v. good luck with hunting out yarns. I HIGHLY recommend koigu if you can possibly get your hands on it. You already know how I feel about the big sack sweater, it's a winner in my book. Consider knitting it on circular up to the armpits, it seemed to knit up extremely quickly, which is always a good thing as far as I am concerned.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home