Thursday, February 24, 2005

A little bling...

So last night I started making some beaded stitch markers and I just couldn't stop. I got a little carried away and ended up with all of these. They are clumsily crafted with second rate, cheapo materials but I LOVE them all. I can't wait to start Clapotis so that I can use them!! All this time I've been using thse flat little plastic discs as stitch markers - I'll never go back - NEVER! So this is all of them together....terrible picture really but it was nighttime and apparently the kitchen tables gives off quite a glare.



But who am I kidding - this is how they'll really end up. And, frankly, I think it's much more pleasing to look at them in a big jumble like this.



Last night I also finished Brad's socks and was less than impressed with what I found. Apparently, when I had him try the first one on, I didn't pay close enough attention to how he was pulling them up and the heel was not properly positioned (not sure how he managed that) but now that I've finished up the second one, rather than 2 perfectly fitting socks, I've got 2 perfectly matched socks that are about half an inch too long. Woe is me. I hate ripping stuff back but I think it will need to be done. Sigh...I will never be at peace if he's walking around in baggy-toed socks.

Bought some Kroy Socks yarn yesterday to knit myself a pair of self-stripers but that and the dreading sock toe ripping will have to wait until after vacation. I'm planning to start my very own roving hat tonight and then try to get Brad's second hat in before we arrive. It's a 6 hour drive so should be no problem. I'm trying to decide if it would be too cheesy to make my hat match his but with red as the main color or if I should go for a different stripe pattern on my own...I'm leaning towards something different.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those markers. like you I had been using boring plastic circles for ages, these pretty beaded things make knitting just SO much more glamorous. As if it weren't already glamour enough.

I'm desperately trying to resist the urge to start Clapotis, too many other things need doing.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home