Friday, March 18, 2005

I didn't mean to do it...

I didn't mean to start a new bag when my orange bag isn't even close to finished yet but I couldn't help it. I was having a movie night (with a few glasses of wine) and needed something I could knit without looking (or requiring too much brain power) - ribbing was just too risky. So I sat down with my knitting books thinking I would start a felted project but then I saw Zeeby's bag in Stitch N' Bitch and thought...hmmm...that looks like just the thing. And it knit up soooo quickly - I'm just a couple inches shy of having the front panel completed. Briggs and Little wool flies along. I'm using a bright blue (which has a little more green in it than this picture shows) and am planning to use lime green as the contrast color - probably. Anyhow, I didn't bother to swatch for this type or project and am a bit wide (about an inch) so will probably add an inch to the length so it doesn't mess up the bag proportions. It's going to be a knitting project bag and should be big enough to hold most projects - it'll be about 16X13.



I also found another use for my stitch markers - they make great anchors for pesky rolling stockinette edges!!

In other news, I managed to get some lovely purple Calmer (zeal) on eBay and am expecting it to show up in time to start Nona's Just a T-shirt knitalong on April 1st. I can't wait! It'll be nice to start a new project I can wear - I've been caught up in hats, socks and bags for far too long.

2 Comments:

Blogger Netter said...

I'm using Calmer in Zeal, too. Mine's been marinating in stash for months waiting for the perfect project and Nothin' but a T is it.

Love your bag. I guess the mindless part came after the flowers!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered my calmer for the t-shirt KAL too... in 'coffee bean'. have you decided if you're going to put a picture/motif/word on the front?

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home