Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Odds and Ends...

I'm in that stage between projects (blocking the checkboard sweater out of my mind completely now) so thought I would post a picture of my dog Otis and cat Bigsy being naughty. They are not usually alllowed on the bed but Brad was out of town and mommy is a pushover so there they are - on the bed. If you look closely, you can actually see part of the checkboard sweater balled up on my nightstand so it IS in fact knitting related content.

I spent last night balling up 3 skeins of Briggs and Little wool to start the Backgammon Board and Bag from Weekend Knitting. I think it is adorable and would have been great to take along on the ski trip if I'd had the presence of mind to make one earlier in the year. Anyhow, I don't have the lovely shade of green they used (I believe it's called Pistachio) so I'm going with Rust, Evergreen and Natural White. Not sure if that will be too much contrast or not - I'll start with the board and just rip it back if it doesn't look good. I did a couple of swatches last night and decided I'd need to go down from a 4.5 to a 4...I was just a bit big. I'll post some progress pics tommorrow - should have the board well underway by then and could use some opinions on color...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home