Thursday, April 07, 2005

True Bliss...

More stash arrived yesterday! This is actually the last of my order so the goodie trail ends here. For now...

Wanna see?? Wanna see??

First out of the box was some Debbie Bliss Cathay - it is absolutely gorgeous yarn (50% cotton, 35% microfibre, 15% silk) - so soft and silky. I can't wait to use it. It comes in some fantastic jewel tone colours but I decided on white for a summer tank top - Honeymoon Cami is what I have planned for it unless something else comes along before I get started. Suggestions are welcome...


And I finally got my DB Cotton Angora for 'Mary'! I fell in love with this pretty wrap cardi the first time I saw it so am definitely looking forward to getting this show on the road.


So that was it for yarn stash but am I the only person who is completely enamored with the little samples that are included in yarn orders?? I am completely tickled when I get to the bottom of the box and there are all these tiny goodies.

One very useful one that came in this order was a Eucalan no rinse wool wash sample - I've been wanting to try that out so now I can.

In other knitting news, I've got the back of my KAL t-shirt finished up to the armhole decreases. This is where the modifications I'm making start to get tricky. I'm not really a "modifier" by nature so this might be a complete disaster - we'll see. No pics today since it's just a big purple rectangle with bites taken out of the sides. So far so good...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh i love the Cathay - i've been looking for a silk/cotton mix to try out the amazing corset pullover on the IK website (link on my site), and this might be just the stuff.

If you have any way to make some, I highly recommend actual size graph paper for planning modifications. I know other ppl are more 'seat of the pants' types, but I *HATE* frogging. If you have graph paper on which the squares are the actual size of your stitches, you can just draw the neckline curve how you want it to go, and then convert that into a knitting schematic of the type we're used to - ie showing how many to cast off/decrease etc. I'm sorry have I just made that even more confusing?

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Fremont Energy Audit said...

Grreat post

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home