Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Baby's Got Bag...

Right…so…Zeeby’s bag was finished up just in time to take along on the drive to Brad’s parents for Easter dinner. Here I am just as we’re about to head out the door with my finished Zeeby…

Of course, it’s always more interesting to find out what is IN the bag…so I won’t keep anyone in suspense. It really isn’t all that exciting...

Yes, it’s socks. With Spring in (ahem) “full bloom”, I am still knitting woolen socks. Granted they are brightly colored purple socks but woolen nonetheless. There is still snow on the ground though AND my spring/summer stash hasn’t arrived yet. I finally ordered it all last week and I cannot wait for it to get here so I needed a small project to keep me busy until then. Still waiting on my Calmer to get here as well. I have a feeling the next 2 weeks are going to be pretty exciting as far as the mailbox is concerned. So in case anyone would like to see what late March/early April looks like in the Maritimes, here you go…

Oh - the horror. Isn’t that just a little depressing? It’s almost April and there is still snow, the ice on the headpond hasn’t even broken up yet. But to be honest, the weather this weekend was gorgeous – sunny and relatively warm (notice there is only a jean jacket being worn in the first picture) so we are making progress.

Now back to Zeeby - I really like it. I haven’t blocked it yet – trying to decide if it’s even going to be necessary after a few outings – it’s already shaping up after just one trip. It isn’t a felted bag so can’t really support a lot of weight – no heavy books for certain but it’s just right for a small project like socks. I’ve only got 2 lingering concerns: 1. The potential for stab wounds when I'm carrying my needles around (since it isn’t felted). 2. That Niblet (naughty kitty) is going to worry the detail stitching on the front right out of the bag – I’ve already caught him at this once and he appears to be quite a talent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home