Monday, June 13, 2005

Knitting on the Water...

Well, I did not finish 'Mary'/ribby wrap - still have a bit to knit on the second sleeve before I can start blocking/seaming. The sleeve WILL be finished up tonight at SnB though - in fact, I'm not leaving Michelle's house until Mary's sleeve is finished. Maybe I should have brought a sleeping bag...

Anyhow, Brad and I went out in the canoe this Saturday afternoon. And while he did this:



I did this:





The result:



Special thanks to Bigsy for allowing the use of his tail to demonstrate the scale of the campfire sock.

A few items of note:
1. It's not the greatest picture so I wanted to stress that that is not a teeny-tiny fish dangling from Brad's line. Well, actually it is a teeny-tiny fish albeit a plastic one. Just a lure...no fishies were harmed in the taking of these photos. Actually, no fishies were harmed at all on Saturday. ;-) We had hotdogs, watermelon and smores for supper.

2. In the first photo of me knitting, that teeny spec you see behind me is our house across the river. I was really, really, really sore Sunday morning after that paddle.

3. For the more "eagle-eyed" among us, I will confess that my campfire sock knitting was sitting in a nasty plastic Jumbo Video bag. However, given that I was in a canoe, I think this can be forgiven.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Don't worry about the sleepiing bag... its far too warm in my apartment for anything more then a sheet :)... My couch is very comfy too. You probaly be done Mary in no time at all anyway.

The canoing looks like so much fun !!! It make sme want to get that Kayak I was talking about even more.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh how lucky, to have a beautiful river right oiut your back door! (Note to self: move to Canada right quick.)

The socks look great, and I can't wait to see Mary all finished up!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Thanks for those beautiful pics! I LOVE your socks.. Nice job!! :)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic view you must have from your house! I was kayaking on the weekend too. there wasn't enough wind to windsurf on Sunday so we paddled around the bay instead. however I was unable to knit while perched on a one man surf Kayak as the saying goes I had to paddle my own canoe :-)

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowza... what a place... my knitting is jealous that your knitting gets to go out outdoorsey adventures.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home