Monday, July 18, 2005

It Just Wasn't Long Enough...

So I'm back from vacation...I've traded in cool ocean breezes for suffocating humidity. The tranquil quiet of a seaside cottage for an air-conditioned office. A blanket on the beach for an ergonomic roller chair. Oh GOD - let me go back!!! What have I done with my life?? Surely, I can come up with a better way to spend my time and still make $$$. I watched Office Space again this weekend and it may have had a negative impact on my work attitude. Or it could just be the end of vacation blues.

Time to relive...

Here's me riding a bike while not at work - you can see the sandy West Point, PEI beach stretching out behind me...sigh.


Here's me (a little tipsy if we're being honest) feeding a cute little tame bunny while not at work. He wandered around the cottage lawns all week - you can see from my pathetic "wrap" that I really need to get to work on a Cozy. I'm ordering the yarn today...no more beach towel shawls for me.


Oh vacation...how I miss you. I'll be drowning my sorrows in a yarn order this afternoon. I'm hoping to find something for a Cozy, an orangina (my last summer knit), maybe a little sock yarn - I'll see what's on the menu at Janette's, Woolworks and Yarnwerx and go from there.

Knitting progress - I started the second campfire sock on the drive home - I'm about 1 inch past the leg stripes. Apparently, that is how much sock ribbing I can do in about 2 hours in the car. I spent the rest of the time snoozing. Sunday we spent avoiding the heat in the basement watching movies (Boys on the Side, Office Space, The Italian Job, Sleepy Hollow). It was difficult to knit - Mr. Biggs is very happy that I'm home and has decided my lap is where it's at but I did manage to get the back of the Peace Cardi completed while he napped upstairs and I'm just above the waist decreases on the left front. I've been measuring things and it's looking like a good fit so far!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed yourself, welcome back to the real world (says the person who is on holiday untl the begining of september) :-)

2:34 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Welcome back - coming back home to the Real World (tm) is always such a drag (even if you have pets and friends to greet you!).
Looks like a nice relaxing holiday! :-)
having read lots of north american blogs, I can now say I am very glad to live where I do - little humidity, no real cold...

3:25 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time... I know, the vacation blues stink :(, but I think everyone goes through it...

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home