Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Power of Suggestion...

So yesterday I'm innocently reading through Li's blog. But it's not an ordinary day at Domesticat. There are pictures of incredibly refreshing looking beverages posted. Mint Juleps to be exact. Mmm...minty drinks...whatever you do don't scroll down to her strawberry icecream from last week, you'll really be in trouble. So naturally I get a hankering for a mojito because, well, let's just say it. I'm easy. Why deny it...someone says "hey, let's go out for some nachos after work"...I'm not the girl saying "well, I really shouldn't - my diet you know". I probably should be...but I'm not. So, it's decided - we're having mojitos tonight (last night). First stop: liquor store. Second stop: grocery store for mint and limes. Third stop: another grocery store for mint? Where the heck is all the mint? Any other day, I would tripping over mint in the freaking aisles. No mint at the second store either but I cornered a stock boy and he got me some from the back of the store. Nice boy - he saved me from a third stop and probably 10 more minutes of muttering and searching frantically in the produce department. So, after all this, I have to say that last night's mojitos were well worth the trouble. Yum.

Now, on to yarn. My order came in on Friday and I was not disappointed.

First out of the box was some white Rowan 4-ply cotton - this is going to be used for Orangina. Actually, I'll probably put Peace on hold to fit in Orangina and get some wear before summer is over.


Next out, 10 balls for Jaeger Trinity silk/cotton for a Cozy. Obviously, I'm going to have some left overs here - maybe enough for another small wrap. I love this neutral color.


And finally, my first fall purchase, Rowan Felted Tweed for Salina in the same color as the Vintage Knits picture "Herb". This color is as nice in person as it looks in the VK photo - I couldn't be happier with it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got some great projects lined up! Orangina in white is going to be lovely.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wool all looks lovely, have fun!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

You have such a great taste in yarn and colors! I love it all and totally agree with Adele.. you guys do have really similar tastes :) I really want to make orangina too, but have so much else on the platter right now :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

What a haul! It's so exciting when stuff turns up on your doorstep, even if you have paid for every last bit of it.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice stash enhancements!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home