Monday, August 15, 2005

How'd That Happen?

So, first of all the good news - "Peace" is finished. And I'm very happy with it. It's just the sort of thing I would throw on with jeans and wear and wear and wear. So that brings us to the bad news. It's almost a full size too small. How'd that happen you might ask - didn't you check gauge? Didn't you measure it against a favorite sweater to ensure it had the correct amount of "ease"? Yes, I did all of those things and have since come to realize that that favorite sweater is now also too small. The problem, sadly enough, is not that the sweater came out too small but that I have come out too big. Crap.

So it's back to working out. I've been incredibly lazy this past year and it is showing obviously - why do I always think it won't catch up with me? I was on the treadmill at the ungodly hour of 6:30 this morning but managed to get a few shots of Peace hanging over the dining room chair before I headed out to work. I'll have a couple of modelled shots tomorrow - Brad left for work early this morning.

(Click to Enlarge...)


What do you think of these buttons? I wanted something plain but not sure these were the right decision...


Oh yes, almost forgot - I also got a parcel from Amazon this morning - I used that gift certificate to get Fishermen's Sweaters by Alice Starmore. I haven't made it through the entire book yet but WOW!! There are some absolutely incredible and classic designs in here - several will be making it into my knitting bag in the not too distant future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace looks great! i may have to knit one of those myself, where did you say the pattern was from?

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home