Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Karma in a Contest

I received a really cute package in the mail yesterday from Kim's Knitting World. She had a contest a couple of weeks ago to guess how much yarn was left-over after completing Katie. I didn't even win and I still got a prize!! She sent me a really cute card with 2 puppies and a kitty (right up my alley), an ice cream sundae stamp (yum!), a gauge check (much needed) and the cutest little sock-shaped point protectors (sock-shaped nuff said). If you haven't been to Kim's World - what are you waiting for? She's smart, funny and a darn good knitter. Not to mention designer..."Sexie" from Stitch n' Bitch: Nation? Yeah, that was her!



Anyhow, I thought it was really cool that I got such a nice little consolation package - I didn't even win the contest!! So, I was inspired to have a little contest of my own and keep the good karma going.

I started a scarf last night - grabbed a skein of the most delicious HandMaiden 4 ply 100% CASHMERE(!), a lace stitch pattern from one of my books, cast on 31 stitches and started knitting. Pictured below is said scarf - 3 pattern repeats in.

*******************CONTEST********************
Can you guess the name of the lace stitch pattern I'm using?? If you're the first to guess correctly, you get a prize!!

EMAIL ME WITH YOUR RESPONSES: knittenknots@hotmail.com


(Click the picture to enlarge...)

I'll post a new picture and clue every day until someone guesses correctly assuming no one gets it today! Happy guessing!
**********************************************

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know what it's called by it looks like parquet flooring. can i go for parquet stitch? ; /

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home