Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What Have I Been Up To??

It's been a while hasn't it? My camera was forgotten in a friend's car and I FINALLY got it back. It was a long, long week without it. So what have I been up to??

Well, Orangina is still creeping along. The second panel is completed and I've got about 4 inches of ribbing to do before I can seam. I would probably have her finished by now but we've been having a lot of movie nights recently and I needed things I could do with little light and even less brain power. Lace was out of the question.

So I made a Sophie last weekend while Michelle and I watched the Gilmore Girls, Lost Boys, Bridget Jones, and plenty of Most Haunted - love that creepy show. (The color on this photo is very accurate. Kind of a light purple.)



I also managed to finish up Brad's campfire socks and am very pleased with them. I'm planning to make at least one pair for his dad for Xmas. He is out in all types of weather on the farm and truly appreciates wooly handknit socks.





I realize a back view of a pair of socks is not really necessary - haha! - but I wanted to show off the heel stitch. Plus the rear view photo had more "flair" on the part of the model - you'll note the turn out on the foot - nice touch Brad. Well done.

I've also been very busy doing something else recently.



I've got 4 big jars and 2 small of dill pickles put up and with 5 batches of salsa under my belt on the weekend, I'll be bottling up 6 more batches tonight and then that is it. No more pickling for this year. If 11 batches of salsa sounds a bit excessive, rest assured we will be gifting about half of it! :-) But that still leaves half of it for us to eat...yum.

Project Specs:
For the Socks:
- Briggs and Little Heavy Sock pattern 3X1 rib
- Briggs and Little 100% Heritage Wool in Brown Heather and Natural White
- Love this pattern and love these socks. Might try adding some reinforcing thread on the neck pair to help those heels last a little longer.

For the Bag:
- Sophie Bag from MagKnits (http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/sophie.htm)
- Made with Briggs and Little Heritage 100% wool
- I may throw Sophie back into the wash to felt a bit longer. It could use a bit more structure.

For the Dill Pickles:
- I used this recipe from Epicurious.com (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/230707).
- I've never made these before but they were simple and smell great. I will definitely let you know how they taste in a couple of weeks. I threw a few hot dried chilis into the small bottles.

For the Salsa:
- It's a family recipe. Send me an email if you'd like to have it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

the socks came out so well! I love the 2-color effect. and Sophie looks swell too--I'm going to have to make that bag one of these days...

10:48 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

The socks look great and the professional modeling helps : )

yum salsa, Ill have to email you for the recipe. I cant believe how much pickling you got done.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

I love the socks and the bag is so great too! What a perfect color :)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks! I'm a fan of Most Haunted too! We watched the latest installment last night. I wonder if we are on the same series as you or if you are behind us? I'm looking forward to the Live 4 night show at halloween. Did you know that Derek is leaving the series to start his own show?

4:45 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great job Vicki :) I don't know how you get all that done... your amazing that's for sure! I have to find time to try to make those socks. I don't know how I am going to get everything done for xmas that I have to make. :D

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a pretty bag! LOVE it!

That smoky purple is lovely. :-)

And the socks are great too!

10:21 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

No wonder you've not been blogging - you've been too busy!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home