Thursday, September 29, 2005

Never on Time

I wish I was one of those people with perfect timing. Me - I'm always so early that I sit around twiddling my thumbs forever or, more likely, I am late. We're not talking the party's already over late but 5 or 10 minutes late at least is the norm. It's a terrible habit, I know.

So why should my knits be any different, right?

I present to you "Too Late":


Orangina languished on the blocking board for the better part of 2 weeks and now it is too cold to wear her. Oh well, something to look forward to next Spring. She'll probably be a better fit by then anyhow - did I mention I joined the gym? And spent valuable yarn money on 12 sessions with a personal trainer? Yes, this knitting girl is taking her recent expansion seriously. There is a history of hypothyroidism in my family so I'm always watchful of any rapid weight gain - in this case, I'm sure it's the amount of time I've been sitting on my rear both at work and at home this year that has brought on twenty pounds but I should be taking better care of myself anyway.

And here we have "Too Early":



It's too cold for a tank top but still not really cold enough for a scarf. Story of my life... This yarn has been next to impossible to photograph and the rainclouds this morning did not help. I love the colors - very rich although the photos aren't really reflecting that.

The prizes for last week's contest are all ready to send out tomorrow...I've got to say it's a little hard to let them go but it will be good for me. Build character and all that...no photos since I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. I've been knitting on Salina but no progress shots yet as I'm only about 8 rows into the moss stitch waistband! Should be significant enough for pictures by early next week...

Project Specs:
For Orangina aka "Too Late":
- pattern from Glampyre Knits (love it)
- yarn was recommended Rowan 4ply cotton in White
- love the look of the lace and it was fun to knit too
- I would do this again but would add an inch or so to the lace next time to make it a bit longer

For Cash Scarf aka "Too Early":
- pattern stitch was Flemish Block Lace from Vogue Knitting on 3.75mm needles
- yarn was super luxurious 4-ply 100% cashmere from Hand Maiden (so so soft)
- I would use this yarn again in a heartbeat probably with a different stitch pattern though
- Flemish Block Lace is not really suited to a scarf; the stockinette at the edge tends to curl it a bit

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wonderful job on Orangina and I lvoe the scarf too!. Can't wait to see the finished projects first hand !

11:33 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

They're both beautiful!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, you're done! Great job. I agree, the lace panel should be longer. Mines done too. Need to block it though. But it's done - YAH!

Cute scarf too. I'm in total scarf mode (I'm wearing a skinny one right now as it's bloody freezy outside!) and I'm knitting a ton up over the next few months.

Looking forward to Salina. Don't forgot to share you stuff on the blog too. ;0)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both are so pretty! Orangina looks great on you and you are right about having something to look forward to next spring!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oringina looks great I agree that I would add an extra inch or so to the length too. I love the colours in the scarf

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on Orangina! I lengthened my lace panels an inch and it came out perfectly. Next time! =)

3:45 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Vavoom! Whitegina looks great! Maybe you'll be able to wear it under a jacket or something?

5:12 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Love the too late, too early! I think you can still wear Orangina maybe under a cardigan? I'm planning on wearing my camisole like that for at least the next few weeks :) It looks gorgeous on you and you look pefect as is!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home