Wednesday, October 26, 2005

29 For the First Time...

Last Friday, Oct. 21st was my very first 29th birthday and all I have to say is where did the last 10 years go? It feels like maybe I stumbled into a time warp of some kind and lost a few years - possibly during university. Anyhow, Brad arranged a dinner party for me at a restaurant here in town and invited 25 of our friends to join us. I had THE BEST TIME!! I think this picture is evidence that fun was had - this is apparently the closest I came to looking directly into the camera all night. Strange, that. Anyhow, I think we're clapping because the wait staff had come out and sang the Happy Birthday song to embarass me...yeah, I'm pretty sure that was it.

(I'm the one in the middle for those unfamiliar with the side of my head.)

So a birthday wouldn't be complete without a little yarn gift and Michelle did not disappoint. She got me the most gorgeous Fleece Artist dreadlocks and mohair. I've rolled them into balls already and they are GORGEOUS! And she came across a little trick for those living in Fredericton - the craft college sells undyed Fleece Artist yarns for $12 - yes, that's right folks. $12 - this would retail for close to $40. You just need to get someone enrolled in the craft college to buy it for you. Clever girl that one.



Finally - a Salina update. The back and front are both finished. And the first sleeve is almost to the cap shaping - won't be long now...and the weather is perfect for it. I need a nice quiet weekend to get this one done.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your Salina looks so good! I'm depressed now. I need to jump back on it and start her up again. So much frogging to do!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yay! Happy birthday. Good presents, and a lovely looking almost-sweater--how satisfying.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Netter said...

Happy Birthday! Salina looks lovely. Can't wait to see what the fleece artist becomes. It's gorgeous!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

They sang Happy BirthDay to you? Where the heck was I? My purse was on the table so I was there. Man those Margariatas must really have had some kick ;)

Whoo getting close on salina!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rat! :-) You never said it was your birthday! Happy Birthday for last week. If I had known I would have added another skein of Autumn...

12:30 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

I'm only 9 days late but Happy (rather belated) Birthday!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! And I do love the color on your Salina. I bet you're looking forward to finishing it so you can wear it; it's going to look great as a finished garment!

7:36 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

happy happy birthday! a little late!

i turned 29 last year, and it wasn't pretty. i think i, too, will stay 29 for a few more years ... how can my 20s be over?

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home