Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's a Handknit Holiday Extravaganza...well, sorta.

I don't know if it is the time of year or what but I seem to be stuck in accessory mode. I do plan to get back to work on Salina this weekend though - she's been patiently waiting since fall for her collar, buttons and seaming. So what have I been up to??

This pile of purple curls is my very own ribbon scarf from Handknit Holiday - it is waiting for a good steaming to lay down those edges. I made a red one for my SIL for Xmas and fell in love - had to have one. Plus those loooong rows are perfect for mindless TV knitting.



I've also been working on some things for Brad. I finished his Log Cabin Socks also from Handknit Holiday earlier this week. The photo is really high contrast but I thought it showed the cables nicely so didn't bother to tinker. Of course he's got one of them on practically sideways - ha! I guess that is what I get for catching him on his way out the door and making him change socks so I can snap a picture.





I cast on for yet ANOTHER Handknit Holiday project last night - Flap-top Mittens! These are for Brad and he picked out his own colors. I'm reserving judgement til a little more green is on them.



Oh, and one last thing before I go - Baby E of the DB Poopy/Poppy Bolero came for a visit on the weekend and look what she was wearing!! Awwwwwwwwww...it's a tiny bit big but should fit her well into Spring. Ain't she cute?



Project Specs:
Pattern: Log Cabin Socks from Handknit HOliday
Yarn: Briggs and Little Regal (100% wool) in color beige.
Needles: The recommended 4mm.
Comments: These socks are a great fit for Brad and should be very cozy for wearing around the house - they're a heavy sock so wouldn't be the greatest for wearing inside shoes. Great for a weekend morning though. I'm sure they will get lots and lots of wear...

7 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I think I'm going to have to break down and buy Handknit Holidays. Those socks look too squishy and comfy to be resisted!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup I think I may have to as well:-)
That little cardi looks so cute on her!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Ooo, I Iove the socks! They look super comfy. And the little lady looks very very cute. :-)

11:03 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

you are getting some serious use out of that book! i looove that scarf but worry that i don't have the patience for it.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Wow, you've been busy. The socks look great, and I love the scarf. I keep seeing a ton of projects from that book on knitblogs ... I really have to get that book. :) The borelo looks very cute on baby. Awwwwww. Oh, and I like the colour of the mittens ...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Alright ... you have talked me into it ... I need that book to. There is just now way around it, it has too many wonderful things in it to resist. Not that I have time for knitting at the moment but I will starting next week because the house will be done on Tuesday :).

12:13 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Oooh luscious cable socks! Yum!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home