Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Think Pink...

Tada! Baby booties and bonnet are all finished up. The bonnet was a really fun project - the booties were kind of a pain but the cuteness factor more than makes up for it in the end. Both were knit with soft pink Calmer which was so nice to work with. (Please note I loaded these up from my laptop so the colors may look completely whacked - they looked good from here but who knows...)

First we have the little bonnet - in the book they have ribbon bows on the sides but I liked it well enough as is...



And here we have the back view stretched over a melon so you can get the full effect...tee hee.



Check out the little flower button action on the booties...



And finally in sharp contrast to these dainty little booties, I've got the socks I finished up for Brad's dad for Xmas. These striped ones are knit in worsted but I also gave him a pair knit in Sport weight and solid grey. These were ones I had made for Brad ages ago but I had made them just slightly too big so was going to have to rip the toes back - the heck with that. Now his dad can enjoy them. He seemed VERY happy to be getting handknit socks - apparently he wears wool socks year round - even on the hottest of summer days!! It's a knitter's dream.



Project details below...

Baby Booties & Bonnet
Pattern: Dainty Booties & Lacy Bonnet from Knitting for Two in the smallest sizes.
Yarn: Rowan Calmer (less than 1 ball for both projects) in Blush Pink color
Comments: The bonnet is an excellent project - quick knit with little finishing required. The booties while a cute finished project required a lot of fussy seaming and sewing in of ends for such a small item. In the end, I would make both again.

Sturdy Work Socks
Pattern: Briggs & Little Heavy Socks leaflet
Yarn: Briggs & Little Heritage (100% wool) in Medium Gray and Bleached White (2 balls Gray/1 ball white) with plenty of left overs.
Comments: This is the second pair of these socks that I've made. They are super sturdy socks meant to be worn when working out in the cold. These bad boys won't wear out anytime soon.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks & those buttons are just too cute :-)

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them! The bonnette is my fav! I knit one last year, which unfortunately, never got gifted.. ooops, I hope someone else has a girl this year. =)

10:10 AM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

they all look super awesome finished! great job!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful work, all three projects!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow Vicki! Those are beautiful! I LOVE those little booties and the little button just makes them perfect. The bonnet is stunning.

Some day I hope to actually make a pair of socks I can wear :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Vicki, holy cuteness! The bonnet and booties are beautiful. The baby who wears those will be one lucky little baby! :) I love the socks too.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

PS. How do you get your flickr gallery to just show like that, and so when you click on the picture it takes you to the gallery? I can't find that setting/code to do it like that.

8:26 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

it's the most precious bonnet and bootie set i've ever seen. the pink ribbon makes it so special (and reminds me of "little house on the prairie" a little!) beautiful!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

What an adorable set!!! The hat is so precious!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home