Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What I Did on my Summer Vacation! (lotsa pics)

I just got back from a week and a half on PEI...sigh. How I wish I was still there. I did a bit of knitting but there are more exciting things to post about today so here's a little taste of what I did on my summer vacation...

1. Wedding Business
My older brother finally married his long time girlfriend at a beautiful outdoor ceremony and I was there all decked out in my bridesmaid regalia. Here is the happy couple looking absolutely gorgeous on their big day:



And here's me and my dad also looking pretty sharp. Dad is on the water everyday as evidenced by the marked difference in our "tans". I look like a ghost next to all these Islanders.



2. Wooly Stuff
Now on to the wooly stuff... We stopped at:



I tried to get some pictures from inside on the factory floor but it was so dark, they fell a lot short of being there.



In this one you can kinda see on the ceiling a system of wheels and belts - these are constantly turning overhead and seem to run most if not all of the machines when the operator pulls a lever.



Looks at all those bobbins spinning at once - can you imagine if it tangled...yikes.



Did I buy something? You betcha! I got a big parcel of yarn for socks/mittens and I also bought a couple of throws in their new brown plaid colorway which I personally think is to die for. They wrap all your purchases in brown paper with string - for some reason I adore that.



3. PEI...I Miss You.
Near the end of the week, we drove along the coast. Otis and I checked out the windmills at North Cape.



He spent a good deal of the week offleash - lucky boy! - but I had a good grip on his leash up here. Dogs just don't seem to grasp the concept of plunging to their deaths. I mean, seriously, how can an animal afraid to step over the central vac hose bounce around without a care in the world inches from a 40 foot sheer drop?? I just don't get it...

Finally, I think this picture speaks for itself. It's a sunrise from our cottage window



We're booked in again for next year...if I can wait that long.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

What fun! And what happy pics--must've been a great wedding.

I need to get back to PEI someday--it was the site of our Worst Family Vacation Ever, but your pictures make it look so wonderful. I think I need to reclaim it now that I'm not a surly 12 year old.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a lovely weddding. I know what you mean about the tan, My dad always looked like that year round :-)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks like it was a wonderful wedding. I am jealous that you got to vacation in PEI. Jealous! :) *lol*

1:20 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Great photos. Looks as if you had a wonderful time!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I just love PEI. Looks like you had great weather for the wedding too, that's terrific. Where is that wool mill? I visited the Great Northern Knitters outlet when I was in Charlottetown last month. That's a great place for all knitters and crafters to visit!

2:58 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks for leaving me such a great comment! I'm jealous of the PEI vacation too. It's on my list to visit there some day.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home