Thursday, June 22, 2006

Updates...

Knitting time has been scarce lately but I do have a few updates to post. A lot of folks have been asking what Saffron looks like finished up so here is a pic from Rowan 25:



Cute, no? I've got the back finished up and just a couple inches of one of the fronts completed so still lots of knitting and embroidering before I have a new cardi. The back hasn't been blocked yet - I just pinned it down quickly for a picture today.



I'm still infatuated with my new Favorite Mittens book. I've completed one Fox & Geese mitten. It is also unblocked so you might notice a few tension problems where the needle joins were - that should clear up nicely with a quick bath.





I know everyone likes to see the guts so here they are...I haven't done a lot of colorwork so they aren't perfect but not terrible either.



The design for these mittens is really well thought out. One of my favorite parts is the thumb gore increases - check em out. An entire repeat is added at once so as not to disturb the pattern. Very cool...



I'm very happy with my Fox and Geese mitten but the second one might not get finished up til Fall...there are so many I want to try that I might skip around in the book a bit.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I'm cracking up right now, because I looked at the Rowan photo before I read any of the text, and thought to myself "ooh, she finished that quickly...and dang, that's a revealing little photo shoot!"

I love the mitten thumb picture.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the serious does of knitty inspiration. That cardigan is just gorgeous and those mittens are so fun! Nice stuff :-)

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty cardigan. I would cast on for it but I have far too many things on the needles at it is :-)

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the stitch pattern on Saffron. It reminds me of wallpaper. Its going to be a cute sweater!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Saffron is very cute! The mitten looks great. You're doing a fantastic job with the colourwork. :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

At first I though the completed Saffron shot was of you, and I thought -- "very sexy"! so now, you know you have to comply!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

The Saffron is very nice. Love the mitten, the insides loop pretty tidy to me.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Your fairisle is very impressive.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Love the safron cardi, the pattern is really nice! How is it coming along? Are you done yet?

Is the mitton as hard as it looks? I've never done fair isle before, is it hard?

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home