Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mousierama!!

The boys got some new felted mousies today and they were very excited. I barely got a photo of the mousies before they were over to claim their own.



Bigsy decided on the green one...



While Niblet preferred the more "natural" looking gray one...



Their mousie "kill" strategies were also vastly diferent. Bigsy used his ample frame to advantage with a series of crushing manoeuvres.



While Niblet took what I like to call the "nutbar" approach which basically amounts to a lot of flipping and jumping around really fast without any real damage being inflicted to the prey.





So glad I took the time throw together a couple of these - it was fun to watch them play.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Free Pattern by Jo Chandler found at About.com.
Yarn: Scraps of Briggs and Little Heritage 100% wool
Needles: 4mm DPNs
Comments: Results in very cute sort of medium sized mousie with the worsted weight yarn I used. I love the bobble ears - your cats will get months of enjoyment out of one of these little guys. I throw a little cat nip in with the stuffing and it gets their immediate attention.

7 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Cute! I love watching cats play with their toys. LOL

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh! I sometimes wish my cats would come back hime so I could knit mousies for them too :-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

Great pictures, I love that last one!
Our cat managed to open a (very hard to open) drawer containing his nip the other day. We had left a chair conveniently in front of the dresser. I did check him for thumbs, maybe he hides them...

3:47 PM  
Blogger Marsha said...

How cute - I LOVE the mousies!!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute Love nibblet with with open jaw, upside down lunge manuver ;)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really cute. Heck, I'd make some for myself (minus the nip) and keep them as toys.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Perhaps Bigsy and Niblet would like to come over to my place? A mouse ran across my living room this morning (horrors) and Bailey did not even bat an eyelid.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home