Sunday, August 27, 2006

Blocking....well, sorta



Why is it that we always think somewhere in the back of our minds that somehow, someway we will succeed where countless others have failed (or at least suffered). That it can't really be as difficult as all that...

Heh - lesson learned. Tonight I tried blocking lace - the real stuff - for the first time. I've blocked many non-lace projects in the past and figured "so I'll use a few extra pins" to avoid any scalloped edges - it'll be fine - I really didn't see what all the fuss could be about.



Tonight - I cried uncle. Tomorrow - I buy blocking wires.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

And there you have pretty much half the reason why I picked Madli's Shawl for my Amazing Lace project--the edges are scalloped ON PURPOSE! Whee!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to admit I use a heavy duty piece of string that I thread through the edges before I soak it. I will be blocking lace soon too :-)

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, that lace looks pretty. What is it? I'm in total shawl obession right now. Never would of thought it. I'm almost done with the Flower Basket Shawl. Almost!

I owe you that scan. I came down with a really bad cold midweek and was pretty much asleep 24/7. This week I promise!

Adele

5:04 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It's gorgeous! I have to buy a blocking board (of some sort) and blocking wires and pins for when I finish Icarus. Eeeep. I'm nervous about blocking lace, but its good to know that I'm not the only virgin. *lol*

7:30 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

That lace is so beautiful! What pattern is it? It will turn out terrific once you have the right tools for the job (see my latest blog entry for what really was a catastrophy from not having the right tool for the job). Love the color you chose too.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! (from your comment)

Otis is a sweetie (GR I presume? I'm crazy for the boys - Sophie would love a brother).

Woo-gorgeous lace, love the colour!

I'm waffling on blocking wires as well for my leaf lace shawl when it is done...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home