Monday, October 30, 2006

Latvian Smackdown

Mom's green sweater is almost completed. I just need to sew in the left sleeve and side seam. I am VERY happy with this project - I think she's going to love it and that it will be a good fit. I've got a few qualms about the DB pattern mistakes and the sleeve sizing but I'll not get into that at the moment. I'm planning to finish it up this week but I keep getting distracted by this:



I finished the first of this pair up on Saturday (minus the thumb) and have been patting it and admiring it ever since. It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized there is a big honking mistake. Why did I not see this before? Why did I sew in the ends at the mitten tip - why, why, why? That is what I get for feeling so smug I guess. I'll have to dig out the ends and rip back a couple inches to correct it. If it was one stitch I could live with it but an entire row is too much. Sulk.

(Updated with error: The very top flower has a line repeated in the bottom petals for those who are having trouble spotting it.)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful mitt!!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I need to know ... where is the mistake? I've looked and looked!

Gorgeous work btw. :)

Adele

7:41 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I can't see the mistake either. I think the mitten looks stunning. :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Ooh, I love the blue/blue combo. I do see the mistake, but if you hadn't poined it out to me, and if I hadn't looked really, really hard, I would never have known. So, do I think you need to rip back? Absolutely not. But I totally respect the impulse :)

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That colour combo is dreamy. I peered, and can't see any mistake either...

9:37 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

That mitten is impressive I must say. Someday I will get the courage to attempt some fancy 2 color knitting like this, until then I will admire yours from afar.

And btw, if you have to tell 'knitters' where the mistake is, it probably won't be noticed by many, except you of course :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

It's beautiful! I love the colours. Fortunately you don't have too much to rip back since it's at the top.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! I like the blue on blue.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

What mistake?? I am lost as well. I am glad to see some seasoned knitters are missing it as well...cause if I was all alone in this I'd feel silly.

It is going ot be an awful nice pair of mittens!!!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mitten. I'm so glad you pointed out the mistake because it was driving me crazy trying to find it. Knowing where it is still isn't that helpful in seeing it. You gotta do what you gotta do so thank goodness it's at the top. When you're done the thumb I'd love to hear what you think about the fit since the thumb is in the palm, right?

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, thanks for the compliment on my dreamcatcher sweater and sassy new boots - it's an outfit I'd wear every day if people would let me get away with it!

Your mitten is absolutely beautiful! I've been eyeing some stranded mittens in one of Elizabeth Zimmerman's books and yours are amazing - thanks for the inspiration!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Dude! We're kindred spirits!

I just made a mistake on my Norwegian mittens too!

(I ended up dropping the stitches down and chaining them back up again).

Your mitten's gorgeous!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, i am in love. Those mittens are amazing. The blue on blue is so striking.

I didn't even notice the mistake...they look gorgeous regardless.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home