Friday, November 10, 2006

Long Suffering Bigsy

Christmas knitting season is in full swing here and no one knows what that means better than poor Bigsy.



Bigsy has the misfortune of being approximately the same size as mom's little dog Jack and also of being too fat to escape. I actually think he's starting to like it tho...I may even have heard purring this year. Either that or a really low growl...





Project Specs
Pattern: Stripes & Paw Prints from Patons booklet "Another Dog's Life"
Yarn: Briggs & Little Heritage 100% wool in Washed White, Navy, Teal Heather
Needles: I went up to 5mm for the ribbing and 5.5mm for the body
Comments: This is the same sweater I made last year for Jack cept I did the striped/name version this year instead of the paw prints. I also went up a needle size cause last year's sweater was not very stretchy for getting paws and head into.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Poor Bigsy. Don't tell him I laughed at his picture--I think it would offend his dignity even further.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Too cute!

1:07 PM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

Sorry, I had to laugh too! On one hand it looks really odd, you're expecting a dog to be in there, on the other, Bigsy look so cute in it!

1:10 PM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

What a good sport, that kitty. Mine woulda had me for dinner had I attempted that!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! If I tried that with my cats they would leave home, wait a minute! they did! :-)

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute. Bigsy looks just like my first cat, Cooper (she was female). Love him and the sweater.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bigsy! such a good sport.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

That first picture needs to be submitted to cute overload.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bigsy, you have a special talent for conveying complete and utter disdain for your people...poor kitty in a sweater.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way - as per your comment on my blog - I think Sophie and Otis would be the perfect couple :)

She ADORES big boy golden retrievers more than anything/anyone. If you are ever in Halifax...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

My cat would never allow me to put anyting on her...your cat must have patience for that. The only time my cat will come close to anything knitted is if she wants to lay on it or play with it (such as a skein of wool).

6:20 PM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

omg that is sooooo cute!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger miss ewe said...

oh, THAT is cute. Both the sweater, and the indignant cat. I'm impressed you could get it on him!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home