Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Pool's Fine...

I did one last London Wul lace scarf last week...this was actually a reknit of some HandMaiden Cashmere (Devon's Touque Kit) that I had knit into a skinny scarf last year. I found the skinny scarf curled too much and didn't want to "waste" cashmere so I actually knit right from one scarf to the other rather than ripping and reknitting. Blocking took care of any kinks...



Ordinarily pooling would be an issue for me but in the case of this scarf/yarn, the pooling actually worked itself into a zigzag pattern and didn't bother me all.



Can you believe it's January in the Maritimes and we've got no snow? It's actually raining out today. I quite enjoy winter snow so although I know a lot of people are probably appreciating the mild weather, I'd like for things to get back to normal. The ski hills are a mess at the moment. :-(



My next project is a pair of Eunny's Anemoi Mittens. Love these. I'm using a chocolate brown and a beige 100% alpaca. It's a bit splitty but is so so soft.



I would normally use 5 DPNs for a project like this but I didn't have any bamboo in the appropriate size and found the metal needles too heavy - they were really distorting the join stitches. So I switched to 2 circs - unfortunately one of them has a rough join so I'm having all kinds of equipment troubles on this project. Will be so worth it though...

7 Comments:

Blogger the knitrider said...

the scarf looks great! i cant wait to see the finished mittens!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely scarf! I am considering making a pair of those mittens as fingerless gloves, it never really gets cold enough for mittens here :-(

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I wouldn't mind pooling either with yummy Handmaiden cashmere! Looks beautiful.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf, lovely! The handmaiden cashmere is a dream to knit with.

I NEED to get into fairisle, Eunny is a genius.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Can you believe it's January in Montreal and we've got no snow? Crazy. I agree that the pooling in the lace scarf is actually quite nice. Very pretty -- and it must feel wonderful to wear!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Beautiful knits!

This warm weather we're having is CRAZY. Even though I don't really like snow or winter for that matter I'd like it to be normal for a little while.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, both your projects looks so soft and decadent. Your mittens look like they are coming along really well in spite of the equipment difficulties.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home