Thursday, June 14, 2007

Seamless Circles

No seasonal knitting around these parts...


I finished up this EZ seamless yoke sweater last weekend and have been patiently waiting FOUR days for it to dry. This will be nothing compared to the four months or so before I can actually wear it of course. :-)


I swiped the circle yoke chart from the Enid cardigan in a recent Interweave. I don't have the magazine in front of me at the moment - possibly Fall 2006 or Winter 2007.


You can see the edge of our new vegetable garden in a couple of these pics - so far we've got onion, radish, beet, carrot, romaine, spinach...


and BABY GREENS coming up...yum. These should be ready to start cutting next week and I can't wait. Don't they look delicious?


Project Specs
Pattern: EZ seamless yoke sweater from Knitting Without Tears
Yarn: Body: MacAuslands Woolen Mills 100% wool (brown tweed - they don't actually have color names) and I used about 4 hanks; Yoke: Briggs & Little/MacAuslands Woolen Mills 100% wool
Needles: 4.5mm circs
Comments: These seamless sweaters are always fun to knit and I'm very happy with how the circled yoke came out. I wanted something a little less traditional and the Enid cardigan fit the bill perfectly. The only slight problem I had was that I wanted to fair isle the circles so this results in some long floats that needed to be tacked down. That being said the inside is not as neat as I would like but I can deal... The absolute best part about this sweater is how much it cost - check out MacAusland's pricing - this was one AFFORDABLE project. There wil definitely be more seamless sweaters in my future. :-)

21 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Enid(ish)! Looks fantastic--I had no idea you were even working on it! The blue circles totally pop your eyes.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

I so want to knit one of those.

8:01 AM  
Blogger yaiAnn said...

Your sweater is beautiful. I love the pairing of the blue, green and brown. And your garden, yum!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! It's lovely :-)
Enjoy the veg ;-0

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is beautiful ...I love the yoke on it. It almost makes me want to try to knit a sweater again.

Michelle

5:12 PM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

It looks so great! I thought that yoke looked familiar! You are so lucky to have things growing. Here the weather is killing everything I try!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Gorgeous!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

So cute! I love the Enid-inspired twist. You look great in it!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! I love it. What a perfect sweater. The circles are adorable. Yup, I really love that sweater.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Great sweater and your garden looks huge! I was in Freddy this past weekend and headed down to Singer store. They have some nice Noro Silk Garden that almost couldn't resist, but I did :(

I wouldn't be surprised if you get to wear your sweater a couple nights this summer!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Just beautiful - it fits wonderfully!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color combo!!
Knitting is the summer is such a tease. Maybe there will be a freak cold spell for a couple of days, and you can wear it.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

Your sweater is beautiful!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! I like your colour choices. There's nothing quite as good as fresh from the garden. Enjoy!

2:03 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

lovely sweater and lovely post!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Kickin' sweater. Love the colors! Now I have another sweater I want to try (inspired by you and your blog!).

6:14 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

It looks fantastic. I am finishing the DB ski sweater at the moment so I know all about not being seasonal. Mind you it's so cold and wet around here at the moment, you'd never know. I particularly love the colours, it's just gorgeous. x

12:19 PM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

oh wow - you're sweater is gorgeous! congrats on finishing!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that also in one of the recent interweaves? Or perhaps a similar pattern... I've been really wanting to knit it! Yours looks great.

Oh, and I'm so jealous of your greens!! lucky!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is sooo lovely!!! What a great garden too!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your EZ seamless yoke sweater is lovely. I really like your way of combining the colours.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home