Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Inspiration?

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted!! We've been digging in a new garden which has been eating up a lot of my free time but I never meant to let it go this long...

I am having a real problem with inspiration and also decision making when it comes to knitting. I've completed a scarf from Victorian Knitting Today but I haven't blocked it yet cause I just can't decide if I like it or not!



When I first got going with this, I was in mind of seaweed with the colors and the pattern but I've kinda lost that as it went on. I am in desperate need of a project that I absolutely LOVE.



I'm also ready to start the yoke on my latest EZ seamless sweater but can't decide on a yoke pattern - let me know if anyone has any ideas!! Let's just ignore all those dandelions gone to seed in our back yard.



But where the knits disappoint, the pets never do - check out Otis and Niblet enjoying one another's company. Otis was actually wet from a swim but that little cat just cannot get enough of the big guy.



11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

The dog and cat pictures are adorable!!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww - Otis and Niblet are in love. So so cute. Sophie loves cats, but Mr Moe is allergic *sigh*.

I love the way GR's look after a bath/swim - like fluffy sheep.

I really like the scarf, it looks really drapey, nice for summer evenings.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the problem you might be having with the scarf is the drop stitch pattern? I did the sae scarf and I loved the ends but felt the middle was a bit meh!
The pets looked adorable :-)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, your pets are just the cutest - I so love them cuddling together, and my, this looks really comfortable!
Your scarf looks so beautiful, what a great looking stitch pattern this is!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the same way right now. I need a project to get excited about. Otis and Niblet are an inspiration.
ritaknitting

8:17 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Welcome back! Our Golden Retriever used to be friends with our rabbit.

I read somewhere that knitters often have trouble getting inspired as summer comes around. It's funny because we have more time then.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww that is so precious!!! Wish my cat liked our dog at all hehehe

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you feel like such a great parent with your pets cuddle together? I just love it!

You should definitely make your own detergent - I'm loving mine and yup, only one table spoon per load. Cheap-o. I'm curious to see how I like it long term - I think it might be washing out years worth of fabric softener build-up and making things a bit less soft, but it's also kind of nice to know that I'm getting the fabrics back to being just fabrics and not chemical deposits.... Anyway, let me know if you give it a shot!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

That scarf is lovely, what an earth are you on about? There's nothing there that I can see that's not to love. Maybe time to knit something small and very rewarding - cashmere scarf, comfy socks etc before starting off on something time consuming again. xx

1:27 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Beautiful scarf!! You should like it in my opinion!!

Dandelions to seed just mean more for kids to pick next time....as long as there are kids to pick them, dandelions will always be in style ;)

And pets of course make a blog complete...great picture!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...Cat/Dog pictures never disappoint! So cute!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home